Google has released a preview version of Picasa 2.7 for Linux. Here’s what is new:
- Upload to Picasa Web Albums: Use the new “Web Album” button to post your best photos online to share with friends and family.
- Save edits to disk: Save edits, undo saves, and revert to the original file with ease. We’ve got batch saving too! Picasa will even match the jpeg quality of the original. Right-click on your saved files to try the new “locate original” feature.
- Folder hierarchy views: >Browse through folders Explorer-style. Use the button at the top of your Albums List to try them out.
- Improvements to Import: Import into an existing folder. (…) We’ve made importing photos from your camera faster too.
- Better RAW support: Now you can work with RAW files from the Canon 30D, the Nikon D200, Adobe DNG files, and more.
- Many other enhancements: Larger thumbnails, better caption editing, ability to configure the row of buttons, special “Starred Photos” album, search by ISO and focal length.
The release still doesn’t support videos, full-screen slideshows and it’s still using WINE.
More about Picasa for Linux at Google Groups.
Google, Picasa, Linux, Preview