PayPal mobile app for Android version 3.0 released today come brings peer-to-peer (P2P) NFC solution.
“Send money to your friends, manage your account, and more, with the PayPal app. It’s free, secure and more convenient than going to the bank, writing checks, or sending gifts the old way.”
“In order to use the new NFC feature you and a friend will each need any NFC-enabled Android phone and the PayPal app with the Request Money widget installed. Requesting money is a simple process: just enter an amount, and then tap phones. Once your friend receives the request they simply enter their password to send money,” explains PayPal.
The company notes, “We use NFC P2P mode. This means the PayPal app can work with the dozens of NFC enabled phones out there today, not just the Samsung Nexus S. Also, we maintain our industry leading security because financial information (your digital wallet) is stored in the cloud.”
- Send money as a gift, split the bill, or repay a friend for FREE
- Snap a photo of your check to add money directly from the app, no fees apply (US only)
- Check your balance, withdraw money, or view past transactions – anytime, anywhere
- Request Money with an NFC-enabled phone
- Use the PayPal local feature to find businesses nearby that accept PayPal as payment (US only)
- As always, your information is secure with PayPal
You can download the PayPal Android Apps from the Android Market.