At PayPal Innovate Conference in San Francisco, Microsoft released the PayPal Helper for WebMatrix (in beta) which provides a simple way to do PayPal payments from the websites you build in WebMatrix. The helper provides methods for the Button Manager API and Adaptive Payments API which’re two of PayPal’s most popular APIs.
Here’s what PayPal says about both:
- Button Manager APIs let you create, manage, edit, and delete Website Payments Standard buttons. Create payment buttons that let customers purchase single or multiple items, make donations, set up recurring payments, or buy gift certificates.
- Adaptive Payments enable developers to build apps that process transactions. App builders can control the entire transaction within a single interface.
Downloading and installing PayPal Helper:
- Download and install WebMatrix
- Download assemblies for Helper (PayPal.dll, paypal_base.dll, log4net.dll)
- Create a new website or template in WebMatrix
- Create a bin folder off the root
- Copy & paste assemblies into the bin