The Dell Parallel Data Warehouse Appliance that includes Dell PowerEdge R610 Servers and Dell PowerVault MD36xxF series high density storage has officially been announced.
“Dell Parallel Data Warehouse Appliance enables you to rapidly deploy an enterprise scale data warehousing solution built on SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse.”
“Dell Parallel Data Warehouse Appliance is a rack solution with a single control rack and one to four data racks. It’s racked and installed at the factory floor before being delivered to the data center. Roll it in and it will work.
Powered by proven Dell hardware, and backed up by a comprehensive support package, the Dell Parallel Data Warehouse appliance is a complete and cost-effective data warehousing solution for your business.
It offers built-in redundancy and high performance with low energy consumption. Each multi-processor server node is specifically designed to provide optimal performance with minimal physical space, power, and cooling requirements,” stated Microsoft.
- A complete hardware + software + support solution.
- High scale from tens to over 600 terabytes.
- Energy efficient hardware with enterprise-level performance.
- Low acquisition and maintenance costs.
- Reduced risk through pretested configurations.
Data storage is provided by Dell PowerVault arrays. There are two serial attached SCSI (SAS) disk configurations:
- 12 x 1TB large form factor (LFF) nearline disks – 110TB per rack offering performance at low cost
- 24 x 600GB small form factor (SFF) disks – 150TB per rack offering enhanced performance and capacity
The control node is networked to the compute nodes through redundant Dual Infiniband switches, and storage is accessed through Dual Fiberchannel switches – providing a high performance internal network solution that ensures enterprise-scale throughput with low latency.
More Info: Dell Parallel Data Warehouse Appliance
SQL Server 2008 R2 Licensing Quick Reference Guide: