A new version Build 14.0.5139.5001 of the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector tool is now available.
The tool allows users to seamlessly connect their Windows Live Hotmail accounts with Office Outlook.
Alessio Roic, Outlook Senior Program Manager, enumerated the new features offered to customers that access their Windows Live Hotmail accounts in Outlook:
- Several send/receive issues are fixed.
- The Outlook junk email filter within Outlook is turned off for Hotmail accounts (this was erroneously flagging good mail as junk). Junk messages are now detected at the Hotmail mail server.
Any entries you made in Outlook for the junk email filters (Safe Senders, Blocked Senders, and Safe Recipients) continue to work correctly and synchronize between Outlook and the Hotmail mail server.
- Fixes for hangs and crashes experienced when sending meetings using the Hotmail Connector and when adding a new Hotmail account to an existing profile.
- Fix for an issue where Windows Live contacts’ birthdays and anniversaries shifted by one day when synchronized with Outlook.
- Fix for an issue that blocked synchronization of the Category property in an Outlook contact with Windows Live.
To manually install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, do the following:
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center using the applicable link for your computer.For Outlook 2010, Office Outlook 2007, or Office Outlook 2003 32-bit, download Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.2 for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 32-bit, and for Outlook 2010 64-bit: Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.2 for Outlook 2010 64-bit
- Download the setup file by clicking Download next to OutlookConnector.exe, and then save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation.