How it works: Opera Mini uses a remote server to pre-process Web pages before sending them to your phone. Web content is compressed to reduce the size of data transferred, enabling handling on simpler phones and creating fast browsing at low costs.
Features in version 3.0:
- Get all RSS news on your phone: Subscribe to your favorite RSS news feeds and every time you connect with Opera Mini all updates are just one click away. Sort the articles by feed source or by date.
- Point, snap, publish: Share a picture from anywhere, anytime with your phone using Opera Mini’s photo sharing feature. Upload your photo to a blog or forum, or as an e-mail attachment. Photo sharing just got easier.
- Right to the point: The content folding feature shrinks lengthy menus to save your scrolling thumb. You can easily inspect the block of hidden content by hitting the [+] button next to it.
- Safe and sound: Do even more online with Opera Mini. Secure connections will now let you safely use secured sites, such as your e-mail, bank site, online stores, with no exposure of your personal details.
- And now even faster: All subsequent requests to a server within a session are now quicker. Opera Mini keeps an open connection between server and client reducing overhead TCP set-up times.
Opera Mini™ simply offers user-friendly access to all Web pages to nearly all mobile phones. It has all the features expected of a browser, and more, such as content download, bookmarks, skins, multi-search and smooth scrolling. In addition, Opera Mini recognizes your phone’s capabilities and optimizes Web pages accordingly for fast and easy browsing.
You can test it using this Java emulator on your computer or get Opera Mini, a free Web browser for your mobile phone! Enter your mobile phone number to receive an Opera Mini download link by SMS instantly.
Opera Mini 3.0, Mobile, Phone