OpenID Delegate plugin add OpenID delegation abilities to your blog, thus allowing you to sign in to various OpenID supported sites using your blog’s URL. In order for the plugin to work you must have an account on an OpenID server. If you don’t want to (or don’t know how to) run your own OpenID server you can register in a free OpenID server such as myOpenID or if you already have an account in one of the sites listed here (note: not all of them are OpenID providers, some are only consumers), you can use them to delegate the request directly to the servers there.
Installation & usage:
- Download OpenID Delegate v0.1, and extract to a local folder.
- Upload openid-delegate.php file to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate from the Plugins menu in the administration panel.
- Go to Options menu and select the “OpenID Delegation” sub menu.
- Fill out the 3 values (OpenID Server Url, OpenID Delegate Server URL, XRDS Url)
- You can now use your blog’s Url and the password provided by your OpenID provider to sign in and sign up to OpenID supported sites.
OpenID Delegate, WordPress, Plugin, Blog