You’ve heard about Microsoft Office Web Apps limited roll out. If you’re curious to try them out; you can go ahead, if you’re already in Microsoft Office 2010 Tech Preview program. Else you can sign up & wait for the invitation.
- Go to Windows Live SkyDrive and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- Upload some Microsoft Office documents into the Documents/My Documents folder on your Skydrive
- you’ll get the option “join our preview program”, Click “join our preview program” and accept the agreement.
- Click on the link “Start using the Office Web Apps today !” to get to the agreement.
- Now you’ll see the ‘New’ option which’ll allow you to create new documents and start working on them.
- To edit or view existing ones, select the document then click “View” to view it or “Edit” to edit it. Online editing is currently available for Excel and PowerPoint files only. The ability to edit Word documents online will be available at a later date.
At present Office Web Apps supports following browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 / 8.0, Firefox 3, and Safari for Mac 3.