The Cloud Storage Partner Program (CSPP) for the Office apps on Android devices, ensures that users can easily add cloud storage providers in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Available cloud storage options in Office for Android now include “Dropbox, Box, Egnyte and Tencent.” While, Citrix ShareFile, Edmodo and Learnium will be added soon, Microsoft said, adding, “the list will continue to expand over time.”
You can add a cloud storage via the Add a place menu in the latest Word, Excel and PowerPoint on Android. Once done, you can start editing and sharing documents stored with that provider as well you can launch Word, Excel or PowerPoint directly from the cloud storage provider’s app to edit your files, with changes automatically saved back to the cloud.
The CSPP was previously available for Office on iOS and Office Online.
Excel 2016 includes a powerful new data transformation and connectivity set of features as part of an Office 365 subscription November 2016 update release.
Based on the Power Query technology, Excel 2016 provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities and can be accessed through the Get & Transform section on the Data ribbon.
Updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- Web Connector—UX support for specifying HTTP Request Headers-within the Web connector dialog. Users can specify header name/value pairs from the Advanced mode in this dialog.
- OData Connector—support for “Select Related Tables” option.
- Oracle Connector—improved Navigator preview performance.
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to parameter input UX.
- Query Dependencies view from Query Editor (under the View tab on the ribbon) allows users to see all queries and dependencies on other queries or data sources at a glance—as well as an indicator of their Load status.
- Query Editor ribbon support for scalar values—includes new Contextual Ribbon tabs that expose common transformations for Text, Date/Time and Number values.
- Add custom column based on function invocation—enabling invoking a custom function over a table. Users can now simply leverage the new Invoke Custom Function operation from the Add Column tab on the ribbon.
- Expand & Aggregate columns provide support for “Load More” values-to the Expand & Aggregate columns list in Query Editor so that users can tell Excel to look at more rows to detect additional nested fields/columns.
- Convert table column to a list—new transformation—Simply select the column in the Query Editor Preview and use the newly added Convert to List button in the Transform tab on the ribbon.
- Select as you type in drop-down menus, allows users to type one or more characters and these will get matched with the prefix of drop-down menu items.