Microsoft Office Mobile Insider Preview Build 17.7766, part of January Update has released with following new features and updates.
In another update released to Outlook.com, now the Skype client includes an option to disable notification sounds. The changes made to notification sound will reflect in other online services as well, for instance, if you disable notification sounds in Outlook.com, the changes will take effect in OneDrive.com as well.
Here is how to disable notification sounds: “Open Outlook.com (or OneDrive.com), then click on Skype at the top (the speech bubble icon), also now click the settings icon at the bottom right corner, and under the Notifications pane, turn the ‘Sound’ toggle off.”
- Make your pictures pop: Add Shadow and Reflection to enhance pictures in your documents, workbooks, and presentations.
- Use Your pen to select and change objects: Now, you can use the Surface pen in Word to grab object handles to resize, rotate, move, and more.
- Open more files: You can now open many more types of files in Excel. For example, you can open files that contain form controls.
What’s new in OneNote
- Notes with style: Keep a consistent look across your notes when you use built-in styles for headings, quotes, code, and more.
- Insert space: Your page is full of notes, but you can add extra space in the left margin or the middle of the page with the magical Insert Space tool.
- Format painter: Magically copy your bold, italic, underlined, purple, 18 point, Lucida Sans formatting from one heading to another. Think of the time you’ll save!
- Choose how you paste: When you paste, you can keep the original formatting, paste just the text, or paste as an image.
- Background pictures: Set a picture as the background of your notes so you can type right over it. This allows you to type over forms, or annotate pictures.
- Open multiple notebooks: Quickly open multiple notebooks to get to your content faster. Just tap the notebooks you want and open them all at once, rather than one-by-one.
- Show or hide authors: See other authors’ initials next to their changes in a shared workbook, or hide the initials for a cleaner look.
- To check or not to check: Turn off the Check Spelling option when you just don’t need it.
- Set your defaults: You know what you like. Pick your favorite font, size, and color to use as the default for new notes
The new Insider build can be downloaded using the links under:
The library of apps available on Microsoft AppSource continues to grow, with more than 330 now live on the site. During December only, “22 new apps came online”, Microsoft said, adding that there are many more in the pipeline.
AppSource is continually expanding the library of line-of-business apps that work with Microsoft products and technologies, such as Dynamics 365, Power BI, Office 365 and more. “December’s offerings include functionality for sales teams, including apps that help integrate and streamline calendars and contacts, and facilitate workflows like contracts, invoices and approvals,” says company.
Here’s a quick list of December’s new apps:
- Account Based Marketing for Microsoft Dynamics CRM (ABM), help companies sense buying signals on their website and engage target accounts through account-based web site personalization and advertising.
- Apex Planner designed to boost the scheduling experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics CRM Online with features like user-based calendar configuration, drag-and-drop and more.
- Commercient Epicor Prophet 21 Sync to Dynamics CRM simplifies the complexity of data integration and closes the gap between an organization’s Epicor Prophet 21 data and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- ContractZen cloud service incorporates advanced metadata-driven document and contract management, with electronic signatures and built-in data rooms.
- DocuSign for Dynamics allows organizations to send, sign and approve documents.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Social Selling Assistant supports sales teams by leveraging social media through personalized and actionable smart recommendations.
- Zoho CRM for Microsoft Office 365 is a productivity integration that makes it easier for sales reps to collaborate in a single, centralized place.
- Exibi Portfolio is a portfolio tool for K–12 teachers and students.
- Fantoo Workplace Productivity is a simple, unified platform that brings together data and communication silos from Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint and Delve.
- Incentive Messenger app delivers persistent one-to-one and group messaging. Users can get quick answers from peers, or create rooms for projects, clients and challenges — and invite the whole team.
- Launchpad365 next-generation workspace helps eliminate the desktop and lets end users launch their apps from any browser on any device using single sign-on, live tiles with real-time notifications, and more.
- Nearpod enables teachers to use their tablets to manage content on students’ devices.
- TeamOrgChart allows organizations to view, create, search and print organization charts from Office 365 or Microsoft Azure.
- WeVideo is an easy-to-use, cloud-based video editor that equips users to capture, style, create and publish great-looking videos and mini-movies, so they can tell their visual story with full creative control.
- Connected Field Service for Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers remote equipment monitoring.
- Dynamics Project Management is a solution for professional project management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM.
- Dynamics Slim4 Integrator provides an interface between Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations and Slim4 inventory optimization.
- Glympse Integration Dynamics 365 for Field Service enables technician location tracking in real time that can be shared with customers.
- workBI is a workforce management app that allows for easy visualization of workforce data and use for performance management, with visibility into the data that encourages action from workers.
- cloud.config Portal provides insight into Azure usage, including breakdowns by service such as VM, App Services, Storage or Region.
- CloudHealth gives organizations a more efficient way to visualize, optimize and automate Azure clouds.
- Office365Mon Monitoring Services app helps organizations monitor their SharePoint Sites, Exchange Online mailbox, and/or Skype account, so they can get in front of an outage and stay in control.
Browse the full line of SaaS apps in Microsoft AppSource HERE.