The Office 365 Integration Module (OIM) for Windows SBS 2011 Essentials is now available to download, and lets you to subscribe to, monitor, and manage Office 365 accounts directly from the server Dashboard.
“The OIM allows customers using Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials to run the core technology services they need on-premise and easily integrate with Office 365 for email and collaboration–without increasing management costs or complexity,” Microsoft stated.
Adding, “Together with the Windows 7 Professional Pack Add-in for SBS Essentials and the Windows Phone Connector, the release of the Office 365 Integration Module confirms Microsoft’s commitment to all Small Businesses to provide them with the best IT solutions for all their needs, mobility, client computing, IT infrastructure and email and collaboration,” informs Microsoft.
The OIM helps centralize user and server management, enabling small businesses to manage their users’ access to services offered both locally and in the cloud from one single place, thus saving time and money. For example, a small business with SBS 2011 Essentials that already has a number of local users and has just subscribed to Office 365 can provision them all into the cloud with a very simple wizard.
When you integrate Office 365 with the server, you can:
- Subscribe to Office 365 or configure the server to use an existing subscription
- Perform the following Office 365 account management tasks from the Dashboard:
- Create Office 365 accounts
- Assign new or existing Office 365 accounts to network user accounts
- Activate or deactivate Office 365 accounts
- Link your professional Internet domain to Office 365
- View usage status and other information about your Office 365 subscription
- Access your Office 365 management portal from the Office 365 page of the server Dashboard.
You can download the OIM from the Microsoft Download Center.
To learn more about SBS Essentials, and how to manage Office 365 accounts, see “Integrating Office 365 with Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials” in the Windows SBS 2011 Essentials Online Help.