The post includes information about how to configure a silent installation using the Config.xml file, how to customize Office with the Office Customization Tool, and explains the process of deploying Office 2010 via startup scripts. Group Policy computer startup scripts are one of the options that administrators can use to deploy Office 2010. They can be used in environments with Active Directory that don’t have a software management tool such as System Center Essentials, System Center Configuration Manager, or a third party tool.
For more information, see following Office 2010 Resource Kit articles:
- Deploy Office 2010 by using Group Policy computer startup scripts
- Choose an option for deploying Office 2010
- Deploy Office 2010
- Office Customization Tool in Office 2010
- Config.xml file in Office 2010
- Configure a silent installation of Office 2010 by using Config.xml