Google nwo allows you you to use multiple AdWords accounts with Google Analytics. “Starting today, you can now link multiple AdWords accounts to your Google Analytics account. The new data sources section in the Google Analytics account settings area makes it easy to use auto-tagging with multiple AdWords accounts and import your AdWords data into Google Analytics,” announced Gavin Doolan, Google Analytics Team member.
“In order to link multiple AdWords accounts to a single Analytics account, you need to set the new version of Analytics as your default. And, also make sure that you’re using a Google account that has access to both Analytics and AdWords accounts, and is an Administrator for the Analytics account,” Doolam added.
Here is how to set this up:
- Sign into Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics.
- Click New Version at the top right of the page.
- Click Make this version default. If you skip this step, you won’t see the new linking interface when you sign into AdWords.
Linking your accounts
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Reporting and Tools tab, then click Google Analytics.
- Click the gear icon at the top right.
- Click All Accounts at the top left of the page.
- Click the account to which you want to link the AdWords account.
- Click the Data Sources tab.
- Click the AdWords tab.
- Click Link Accounts button.
Here are the screens in sequence of above steps (3 – 8):
If you are linking from a My Client Center child account the process is very similar. You can more in this article: Linking Analytics Accounts to My Client Center (MCC) Accounts.
Improvements to applying AdWords account data to multiple profiles
Google has also made it easier to import your AdWords data into multiple profiles in Google Analytics.
Watch the quick video embedded below, demonstrating how to do this: