About two days back, we shared the steps to get the “NoDo” Windows Phone 7 update on your Samsung Focus and HTC devices; here comes anther workaround that gets you the NoDo. This latest work-around is reporting the highest overall success rate of any discovered so far and can be done in just a few steps.
The work-around will only work on devices that are in the “delivering update” phase according to Microsoft.
Many users are reporting that this trick has worked for them but be warned it may take a couple tries. Reminder, this will only work if your device is in the “delivering update” phase according to Microsoft, if it is not, then this work-around will most likely fail for your device.
To obtain the update, follow the steps below:
- Start Zune
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
- Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
- Start the update search in Zune
- About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
- Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
- Connect to the internet again and install the update.
Should work for all devices that can be updated by the VPN / dialup solution.
If it fails at point 5, try other timepoints for disconnecting, or try it again disconnected.