Nielsen published a new facts sheet for smartphones to 3D televisions, provides a view of the device usage and audiences in the U.S.
Here’re the key facts:
- Average Number of TVs per U.S. Household: 2.5
- Percentage of Americans with 4 or more TVs: 31%
- Number of Mobile Phone Users (13+): 228M
- Percentage of U.S. Mobile Subscribers with Smartphones: 31%
- Number of mobile phone web users: 83.2M
It also confirms that voice is no longer the cash cow the carriers once enjoyed — these days we send SMS messages to keep in touch.
The Top 10 mobile phones section is interesting too — Apple’s iPhone 3GS is the top device, followed by devices from Samsung and Motorola and tailed by the iPhone 4 and then iPhone 3G. RIM, LG, Samsung and RIM (again) top out the ten.