One of the most popular features of #newTwitter is the ability to check out photos, videos, and music directly in the details pane. Click on a Tweet with a link to media, and the details pane on the right lets you view embedded media from partners like YouTube, Flickr and USTREAM.
You can also hear iTunes song previews and share music with your friends by linking your Twitter account to Ping, iTunes’ new social network for music.
For Twitter users, this means that 140 characters can contain a world of multimedia content, and instantly connect you to video, photo, music and media services all across the Web.
Twitter today added five new companies to bring you independent TV shows, photos, works of art, slide presentations and entire songs, all right inside the details pane:
- blip.tv — watch > 50,000 independently-produced Web TV shows.
- Instagram: View mobile photos, personalized with Instagram’s colorful filters.
- Rdio members can listen to full-length songs right inside the details pane, for the first time ever. All other Twitter users will hear 30 second song previews.
- SlideShare: Read and share entire presentations, directly on Twitter.
- Dipdive: See photos, videos and new works from Dipdive’s community of artists.