News.me, which has been in development since last August, is a social news reading iPad app that presents the news that the people you follow on Twitter are reading, and filters it based on how many times those stories are shared and clicked on overall.
News.me shows you not just what your friends are sharing, but what they’re reading as well. Have some friends with impeccable taste in music? Browse through their streams and find out. Everyone curates their Twitter experience to reflect their own unique set of interests, and with News.me you can see their curated view of the world.
News.me charges a subscription fee to cover the costs of licensing great content from publishers such as The New York Times, AP, Business Insider, Gawker, and more.
- Explore your own News.me stream based on the people you follow
- Explore others’ News.me streams to see the news that they’re reading
- Access the News.me streams of notable users such as Steven Johnson and Nicholas Kristof
- Read full articles ad-free from major publishers like the New York Times
- View full text, images, and videos in an elegant and streamlined layout
- Save stories for later in your News.me reading list (or add to Instapaper)
- Personalized relevance filters using bitly data
- Browse and read the news offline
Download From: iTunes App Store (Free)