All new moern Yahoo! optimized for smartphones and tablets as well as under-the-hood improvements begun rollin out to the users in the U.S.
“Over the next few days, U.S. users will begin to see the new faster Yahoo! experience and by over the coming months, we’ll continue to make changes and improvements, wrote Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer, in a blog post annoucing the launch.
In addition, Yahoo! has also introduced today newly designed iOS and Android mobile applications, and refreshed including Yahoo! editorial features, and the daily snapshot into popular trending web searches as well.
Below is a quick list of features available in the new Yahoo:
- Yahoo! introduces a customizable “newsfeed with infinite scroll,” letting you experience a virtually endless feed of news articles. “Swipe left to take action on content while scrolling down the newsfeed. Swipe left to share it. You also can swipe left to experience the different applications.”
- For additional choices, just click the “More” button to choose from other categories of your interest. To see fewer stories in the future, hover your cursor to the right of the story and click on the “X” button.
- Yahoo! now lets you login with your Yahoo! or Facebook ID to get articles from thousands of news sources as well as those shared by your friends.
- You can now customize the Flickr application to display photos taken by the people you follow.
- Share your favorite content from Yahoo!, by just hovering over a item to view a button that allows you to share the story via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Quickly navigate back up to the top of the page with the new handy back-to-top arrow in the lower right-hand corner.
- Yahoo added seven new applications on the right side of the screen that connect you with information you view everyday. “Hover over the upper right side to click on the gears icon helps personalize apps.”
- And, clicking the “x” button in the upper right corner of the application box, remove the particular app. To add them all back by selecting “Restore all” in the area where the applications used to be displayed.
- When signed into Yahoo! via Facebook, Birthday app offers an easy way to be reminded of upcoming birthdays from your circle of friends.