Google gave a sneak peek of the new dashboards available in the new version of Google Analytics. The new version of Google Analytics is currently available in beta to a small number of Analytics users.
- Custom Dashboards:
Dashboards in the new version of Analytics have been redesigned to be completely widget-based and highly customizable. There’re four types of widgets: Metric, Pie Chart, Timeline, and Table. This gives you ability to choose visualization that best suits the data you want in your dashboard. The Dashboard uses a three-column layout, and you can customize the layout by dragging and dropping the widgets as you’d like.
- Metric shows the value of a metric and a sparkline of that metric over the selected time period
- Pie Chart best suited for displaying breakdowns of a metric by a certain dimension. E.g., Visits by Browser Type.
- Timeline is a graph of any metric over time. You can also compare two metrics in the same graph.
- Table is a mini-custom report. You can show one dimension with two metrics and up to 10 rows of data in a table.
- Multiple Dashboards now lets you create custom dashboards, up to 20 per profile. You might start with an overall “Company KPIs” Dashboard that includes the most important performance indicators for your company, then create an “SEO” Dashboard for your search engine optimization efforts, and a “Content” Dashboard that centers around the content of your website.
If you want to be a part of the beta tesing, you can sign up here.