MSN today annoucing the MSN with MSNBC.com App arrives on Xbox LIVE that let you explore MSN with MSNBC.com content with your voice. “Now through the power of Kinect and the intelligence of Bing on Xbox, you can effortlessly search MSN with MSNBC.com content from your living room by using the sound of your voice or the wave of your hand,” inromed MSN.
“With the MSN with MSNBC.com app you can explore and watch a wide range of content- including awarding-winning news from Msnbc Digital Network, leading sports programming from FOX Sports, viral videos from StupidVideos and more with the sound of your voice.”
Also, available is an YouTube Xbox dashboard app. If you were in the Xbox dashboard beta, you already have access to the new YouTube app. “YouTube shares the same Metro UI look as the rest of the platform and features Kinect support as well as access to your Watch Later, Playlists, Favorites, and Subscriptions.”
You can like / dislike from within the video, show captions and get a glimpse of the description. HD playback works clearly but with a few infinite hiccups.
Here’s a video showing off the new app:
NEW Xbox Live Dashboard YOUTUBE APP ~Quick Walkthrough~
Here’s a complete list of new apps available today, including YouTube and MSN Video:
- blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
- iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation’s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.
- MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
- MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
- MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world’s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
- Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
- SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
- TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
- RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
- Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon – with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
- YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
Starting today, you can download the MSN with MSNBC.com app from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and explore your favorite web videos from MSN on your TV.
Update 12/15: YouTube announced the YouTube application on Xbox 360. Now “you can explore the most popular trending videos, delve into a category to discover something new, get help with your gaming, or search for any video you want,” blogged YouTube.
Watch some of the videos of YouTube on Xbox: