The Soapbox Team has posted about the completion of a new Soapbox build, with tons of worth taking notice of updates.
Here is a complete summary of Soapbox updates:
- New Flash Uploader with upload status bar, better error detection, and less uploading failures. (Unlimited Video Length)
- The Browser Back Button has been fixed. You can now use the browser back button to navigate back in history. Takes into account any panel changes. It does not track video player views.
- Spaces Contact Card has been activated. Displays your Contact Picture, Spaces Link, Friends, Profile and Soapbox Profile Page.
- The Video Panel now defaults to the Information Tab, displaying video information, as well as Similar Videos, using Soapbox’s intelligent similar video algorithm generator. The Contact Card is now active on this Info Tab.
- One-Click Blog to Spaces. Immediately blog a video link to your Space, using the large 400×300 video posterframe. (Embedding a video to a Windows Live Space coming shortly)
- Public or Hidden Permission! Make your uploaded videos public, or hide them and make them private. You can change the permission settings of a video at any time, by mousing over the video and selecting “edit.”
- Upgraded the Embedded Player to allow up to 100 videos in a playlist. Also improved the player control performance. We now have 2 embedded players, a regular embedded player with multiple videos, and a smaller compact player with minumum controls. In order to activate the smaller player, all you have to do is change the width in the embed code to less than 300px!
- There are also many Soapbox Gadgets for Live.com and Spaces to choose from, as well as a great Google Widget.
- Improved display of the site on both Firefox and Safari.
We also spent a lot of effort improving backend performance as well as increasing processing speeds and adding new codecs you have been requesting.
MSN, Soapbox, Site Updates