Microsoft Hardware team launched a new beta app for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview called “Microsoft Device Center” that will help you more easily customize your Microsoft mouse and keyboard to make the most of your computing experience.
The Microsoft Device Center beta combines Microsoft’s existing mouse software (IntelliPoint) and keyboard software (IntelliType) into one simple solution. Remapping your mouse buttons or assigning keys on your keyboard to your favorite file or webpage is easier than ever in the Microsoft Device Center beta for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
The team also announced that the “Microsoft Touch Mouse” will be updated for Windows 8, as it’s an ideal tool for quickly navigating the Windows 8 Metro-style user interface where horizontal scrolling is a fundamental need.
Device Center helps you personalize and customize how you work on your PC
- Tailor your mouse and keyboard to meet your unique needs and work style.
- Modify your mouse and keyboard settings to make it easier to use the unique features of most PC apps.
Effortlessly transition to Device Center from existing device management apps
- Launch the app from the Windows 8 Start screen.
- View and change basic and application-specific settings for all connected devices in one place.
- Explore features with pop-up descriptive and “how-to” InfoTips.
- Includes access to an online How-To/Troubleshooting library.
- Includes access to an online Healthy Computing Guide for tips on how to work more comfortably on your computer.
You can download the Microsoft Device Center app here.