Microsoft is finally introducing full guest access support to Microsoft Teams group-chat service that enable to add someone outside the organization as a guest in Teams.
Begining, the week of March 5, you’ll be able to add anyone with a business or consumer email address as a guest in Microsoft Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files. This includes, Outlook.com, Gmail.com and more. Previously, only Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account could be added as a guest.
Guests in Teams can be managed securely within Azure AD and will be covered by same compliance and auditing protection accoreded to Office 365 subscribers.
Other new Office 365 capabilities this month include tools to improve the quality of work, craft compelling resumes. Also, Office 365 adminis gains new ways to manage collaboration at scale, communicate complex ideas, and protect employee and customer data.
Enhanced AI-powered Tools
Continuing building on intelligent technology a new set of AI-powered features are announced, including:
A new Editor overview pane in Word that offer together a set of tools to optimize you work, like while editing a document, a summary of enhancement is shown offering corrections, refinements, and stylistic suggestions, so you can make changes linearly or by category. It replaces traditional spell check pane.
Additionally, the Editor overview pane provides a dashboard to education subscribers helping them to understand common errors that students make and inform lesson plans.
To get started, you need to click “Check Document” button in the Review tab of the ribbon.
Here is an animated screenshot of Editor overview available now to Office 365 subscribers:
Updates to StaffHub now, includes a preview of your workday, with notes, activities, and breaks all in an easy-to-read format. Also, StaffHub can now be access from the Office 365 App Launcher.
This month, AI-powered Resume Assistant began rolling out to Office 365 consumer and commercial subscribers on Windows, so you can craft compelling resumes in Microsoft Word.
Brief GIF animation showcases Resume Assistant in Word:
Some updates for Office 365 administrators:
Admins can now enforce naming policies across Office 365 Groups in the global address list. This allow them to use consistent naming structures and block specific words from being used. Naming policies are automatically applied when a user creates a new group, and can include dynamic attributes from Azure AD, such as department, office, or geographic region.
Visio Online, a web-based Microsoft diagramming tool now let create advanced network diagrams as it now includes a variety of network topology and equipment shapes. Also, new canvas capabilities, like Dynamic Glue and Control Points are availble now to all users.
GDPR, European Union’s (Global Data Protection Regulation) goes into effect on May 25, Now, using Compliance Manager, you cab=n assess and manage your risk and prioritize tasks to achieve this compliance.
Additionally, Azure Information Protection (AIP) Scanner general available now enables you to automatically discover, classify, label, and protect sensitive data in apps, cloud services, platforms, and on-premises.
Microsoft’s also focusing on transforming healthcare through artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing aims to accerlerate healthcare innovations with groundbreaking research and product development, on Wednesday at Healthcare NExT, announced a number of solutions, projects and AI accelerators:
- Microsoft Genomics: The general availability on Microsoft Azure, providing researchers and clinicians with highly accelerated, cloud-powered genomic processing services. The flagship partner for this launch is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Microsoft Azure Security and Compliance Blueprint: HIPAA/HITRUST – Health Data & AI: The general availability of an end-to-end application development foundation to help health organizations move to the cloud with greater simplicity, compliance, security and industry-standard compatibility.
- AI Network for Healthcare: An expansion of the Microsoft Intelligent Network for Eyecare, now AI Network for Healthcare, to create an AI-focused network in cardiology, in partnership with one of the largest health systems in India, Apollo Hospitals.
- Microsoft 365 Huddle Solution Templates: The publication of new developer templates that extend Microsoft Teams, so health teams can benefit from state-of-the-art collaboration tools to drive quality and care outcomes in Microsoft 365.
- Project Empower MD: Project EmpowerMD, a research collaboration with UPMC, will create a system that listens and learns from what doctors say and do, to dramatically reduce the burden of note-taking for physicians.
- Project InnerEye: Announcing new integrations with TeraRecon and Intuitive Surgical.
Also, the company said it’ll continue with its Health Bot project as well as partnerships with UPMC and Adaptive Biotechnologies.
Update 03/06: Microsoft launchedc its Microsoft 365 for US Government Cloud environments. The new capability announced on Moday will bring together Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), and Windows 10 for US Government organizations to help agencies provide a modern workplace while meeting US compliance and security standards.
Microsoft 365 for US Government comes with the following capabilities:
- Teamwork. We’re enabling teams to work better together. OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online enable people to collaborate more cohesively via secure sharing and real-time co-authoring, while Skype for Business Online provides a single platform for calling, conferencing, video, and sharing across almost any device. And Surface Hub helps agencies constrained by tight travel budgets connect and collaborate more effectively through immersive, real-time meetings.
- Intelligent security. Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) provides identity-driven protection for critical data. Government employees can work and collaborate securely from anywhere on any device using familiar, cloud-based Office 365 apps and tools. Government agencies can leverage automated file level data encryption with Azure Information Protection, Conditional Access with Multifactor Authentication with Azure Active Directory, manage and PCs and mobile devices with Microsoft Intune, and protect on premises identities from advanced attacks with Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection. These innovative technologies ensure protection at the data, user, app, and device level, helping IT to intelligently safeguard government and citizen data.
- Insight-driven productivity. Nobody should be locked out of data. Government employees need to see data in real time, to address citizen issues right away. Power BI Pro delivers compliant BI capabilities, so employees can securely analyze and share data in easily consumable visual formats to identify issues and opportunities to serve citizens better.
- Built-in creativity. Employees can use intelligent services in Office apps like PowerPoint Designer and Word Editor to create more compelling content. We’ve also incorporated more capabilities to bring out the power of the pen or touch to make devices more accessible for users with a wide range of preferences and abilities.
- Accessibility. Governments often lead the charge on accessibility standards, and we’re constantly learning from them how we can improve to ensure we are creating technology and services that are accessible to everybody.