Microsoft announced that “Microsoft Tag” secures lead as the preferred 2-D barcode solution for publishers.
“Based on our research, Tag is currently the publishing industry’s preferred 2-D barcode technology by a wide margin,” said John Puterbaugh. “The lead is so significant in the publishing industry that Microsoft Tag is the clear front-runner as a next-generation QR code.”
- 1 billion Tags have been printed in past 4 months, bringing the total to 2 billion Tags printed since its Jan ’09 launch.
- number of Tag users increased by three fold since emerging from beta in May; number of Tags scanned increased by 4 fold during same time period.
- To date, more than 100,000 Tag accounts have been set up to add interactive digital experiences to brand advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Since Aug, Tag has been used in more than 100 million magazine issues.
- In the largest known barcode campaign to date, Allure had 450,000 scans, using Microsoft Tag for its annual Free Stuff Giveaway issue in August.