Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Best Practices Analyzer, a diagnostic tool has been designed to perform a series of functions on SQL Server 2012 is made available for download with support for both x86 and x64-based systems with support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, and requires PowerShell V2.0 and Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer V2.0 to be installed in order to be used.
Some of the main features that the new tool arrives with include:
- Gathers information about a Server and a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 instance installed on that Server
- Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices
- Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations
- Indicates potential problems in the installed instance of SQL Server
- Recommends solutions to potential problems
You can download SQL Server 2012 BPA here.
Also, Microsoft Microsoft has announced the March update to the Microsoft Office 365 Deployment Guide for Enterprises. In addition, the web version of MODG has moved to TechNet! It is the reference library on the Office 365 TechCenter for IT pros deploying Office 365.
“Microsoft Office 365 Deployment Guide for Enterprises presents important deployment planning concepts and deployment procedures. The deployment guide is organized into the sections that provide specific types of information for specific types of deployment personnel in your organization,” Microsoft stated.
Here is a quick overview of what you will find:
- Deployment Overview section. This material provides the high-level look at the deployment and organizational requirements to deploy Office 365. It has valuable information for your IT decision-makers, program managers, and technical implementation leads.
- Plan and Prepare sections. These sections describe the particular tasks and activities required to get ready and fully implement your Office 365 deployment. The tasks are generally presented in the order in which you address them during your deployment. Topics discussed in the Plan section generally reappear in the Prepare section with instructions for carrying out a task. The Plan and Prepare sections contain content that will interest specific types of technology experts in your organization.
- Migrate section. This section describes the tasks for moving your users’ mailboxes to the Office 365 environment so you can begin using the Office 365 as part of your production environment.
You can find Microsoft Office 365 Deployment Guide for Enterprises TechNet.