Microsoft released “Faceted Search 2.5 for Office SharePoint Server,” which brings a collection of improvements on top of the inherent bug fixes associated with the introduction of a new build.
Starting Faceted Search 2.5, the solution relies on Microsoft Enterprise Library to address common software requirements in caching, logging, exception handling, policy injection etc., etc. More importantly, the 2.5 is a ground breaking release that is setting new targets for the Faceted Search.
The new features brings:
- Caching – dramatically improves performance and decreases the load on the search engine
- Synchronization with Core Search Results web part
- Support for advanced search
- Match of search counters
- Introducing Parent-Child relationships
- Extending search to logical “OR” queries
- Simplified web part properties