Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack is a great way to optimize Windows 7 deployment. Here’re some great resources that you can use to discover on your own what makes MDOP so great.
- First resource, Enterprise products: MDOP page provides a good overview of the products in MDOP.
- For technical content, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) on TechNet Web page contains links to technical information on entire suite of MDOP products, including App-V, Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization, Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM), and so on.
- For bigger MDOP products, like App-V and MED-V, there’re video series that provide in-depth demonstrations and are great for getting acquainted with them include: · Application Virtualization (App-V) Video Series · Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) Administration Video Series.
- In addition, a number of DemoMate demos are available from Microsoft Download Center: · Application Virtualization · Asset Inventory Service 1.5 · System Center Desktop Error Monitoring · Diagnostic and Recovery Toolkit · Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization · Advanced Group Policy Management.
- Volume License customers can download MDOP from Microsoft Volume Licensing Site (MVLS). If you’re more interested in understanding business value and return on investment (ROI) of MDOP, then take a look at variety of Microsoft Case Studies or check out MDOP ROI Tool.