The version 6.0 of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit — is now available for beta download.
“MAP 6.0 includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With v6 beta, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Fast Track. Also new to v6 beta is the Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you streamline planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP,” announced Microsoft.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 Beta release help you:
- Analyze your portfolio of apps for a move to Azure Platform
- Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track onboarding
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
- Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
To participate, register for the MAP Toolkit 6.0 Beta at Microsoft Connect.
[Source: Map team blog]