Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 6.5 beta is now availble to help you with your Private and Public Cloud planning.
“The MAP Toolkit’s new capabilities help users to securely assess heterogeneous IT environments while enabling the evaluation of workloads for migration to Microsoft’s private and public cloud platforms. Consolidate existing server workloads using the updated Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track capacity planning feature,” informed Microsoft.
Adding, “The revamped Azure Migration feature in MAP 6.5 provides more in-depth analysis of the suitability of migrating on-premises applications to the Windows Azure platform.”
Other significant new features in MAP 6.5 include the “discovery of active Windows devices, Software Usage Tracking for Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP), and the discovery of Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers with HP-UX to assist in the planning of migration to SQL Server.”
Also, the user interface of MAP itself has recevied some changes, see the screenshot below. As you click on each scenario MAP now tells you the steps you need to take to complete that particular scenario.
Key features and benefits of MAP 6.5 Beta:
- Analyse your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure platform.
- Accelerate private and public cloud planning with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track On boarding.
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory.
- NEW! Assess your usage of Microsoft software with the Software Usage Tracking feature.
- Discover Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers for migration to SQL Server.
To join the beta review program for MAP Toolkit 6.5, visit Microsoft Connect.