Bing Ads’ Merchant Promotions will now be available to everyone’ in the U.S. soon. The program, which was in a limited pilot test since September 2016, help advertisers enagage with shoppers by providing them with more information about the product, and “grow their ad engagement and click-through rate.”
So, what are Merchant Promotions?
When, Merchant Promotions are active in Product Ads, they can appear within the shopping ad box in the search results, as a “special offers” or “clickable links”. When or before a searcher click on the special offer link, the extensions pops up eye-catching details, and describe promotions or sales with a description, promotional code, expiration date, along with a link to shp the product.
If you’re a retailer, you probably already have promotions or deals running, by running Merchant Promotions, you can:
- Increase traffic volume by adding special offers to your ads can grow ad engagement and boost your potential click-through rate.
- Get more-informed shoppers as promotions will be displayed prior to the shoppers’ click and provide them more information before they click.
- Improve market share, as special offers can encourage shoppers to click your ad instead of your competition.
Sellers interested need to apply for using Merchant Promotions, just fill out a form, the approval will take place within three to four business days.
Once approved, you’ll see a new Promotions tab in your Bing Ads Merchant Center account. You can set up promotions in the UI (shown below) or with a promotion feed.
Once you get approval, a new Promotions tab will appear in your Bing Ads Merchant Center account. You can then set up Merchant Promotions in the UI, or with a promotion feed using the steps under:
- Click the Promotions tab.
- Click Create promotion and enter the details of the promotion.
- Click Save and you’re done!
While, adding promotions using the web user interface in Bing Merchant Center or by uploading a promotion file—-make sure:
- map the promotion ID to correct set of products in the master feed, “if the promotion doesn’t apply to all products.”
- promotion’s date and time are set up based on advertisers local time zone, so make necessary changes for setting up in any other time zone.
For getting reports on Merchant Promotions, once your are done with set up process, “use the Click Type column and Total Clicks on Ad element in the product partition and product dimension reports to measure the performance and evaluate the uplift—for example, “how many clicks are Merchant Promotions influencing on your ad copy,” bing ads explained.