The next version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0— is now available for free download, announced Microsoft today.
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost.
MAP includes planning and assessment features for a variety of Microsoft products. In addition to the private cloud and Hyper-V planning features, be sure to test drive the other new features and benefits from MAP 6.0 Beta to help you:
- Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
- Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Identify web browser compatibility issues prior to Windows 7 deployment
- Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
MAP 6.0 Beta includes the following new and enhanced features to simplify private cloud planning and migration to Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V:
- Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Onboarding, is a new assessment available with MAP 6.0 Beta, provides consolidation guidance and validated configurations with preconfigured Hyper-V Fast Track Infrastructures including computing power, network, and storage architectures.
Get a quick analysis of server consolidation on Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Infrastructures to help accelerate your planning of P2V migration to Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track.
Each assessment also provides guidance on the next steps forward using the Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track.
- Identify migration opportunities with heterogeneous server environment inventory includes VMware Server, vSphere and VMware vCenter.
Inventory and reporting on the number of servers and guests deployed and managed by VMware infrastructure helps you identify migration opportunities and accelerates the migration planning process.
SQL, SharePoint, and Exchange run better on Hyper-V, so MAP 6.0 Beta has the added capability of identifying Microsoft workloads deployed on VMware guests.
Participate, register for the MAP 6.0 Beta Review Program at Microsoft Connect!