Google launched a new administrative controls that make it possible to securely manage Android devices in Google Apps environment without having to deploy dedicated servers.
Now any employee with an Android device running version 2.2 – personal or company-issued – can access their corporate information while allowing admins to enforce data security policies such as:
- Remotely wipe all data from lost or stolen mobile devices
- Lock idle devices after a period of inactivity
- Require a device password on each phone
- Set minimum lengths for more secure passwords
- Require passwords to include letters and numbers
When a employee leaves, admin can withdraw access to corporate info, for employee to use their device.
These policies can be enforced on devices with Google Apps Device Policy app, available for free in Android Market in next few days to Apps Premier and Education Edition, and can be accessed from ‘Mobile’ tab under ‘Service Settings’ in Apps control panel.
To learn more about these updates in mobile device management for Google Apps, join live webcast with Mayur Kamat, Google Apps Product Manager, on Nov’10, at 9 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. EDT / 6 p.m. GMT. Registration