Sanaz and the Live.com team posted about the newly released updates to Live.com, here’s the comprehensive list:
- Performance Improvements – We made several improvements with this release that should make things snappier. Speed is our priority, and we hope you’re feeling the benefits. Watch for even more improvements coming soon!
- Rename Your Gadgets – You can now rename any of your gadgets right on the page. Simply use the “Edit” menu (found on any gadget), select “Rename” and type in any name you would like.
- Start Over – Is “My Stuff” stuffed? Want to start customizing Live.com all over again? We now offer an easy way for you to start from scratch, and erase any changes you have made to your page. When you are signed in, simply click the “Start over” link that can be found next to your name (we’ll ask if you’re really sure before we change anything). Erasing is forever… be sure you truly want a fresh start before clicking that link! We will not be able to recover you data once it is gone. This functionality was previously offered to our anonymous users, but we’re happy to now give our signed in users a chance to start over as well.
- Stock Gadget Enhancements – In addition to making this gadget more accessible for users using assistive technologies, we’ve added some nice new features as well. First, you can now add mutual fund symbols as easily as stock symbols – this was a frequent user request, so thanks for the feedback! Additionally, the stock gadget now offers selectable period charts from within the gadget. Expand a quote, and use the arrows under the chart to cycle between 30 day, 90 day, 1 year and intra-day charts!
- New Gadgets – Just in time for the holiday season, the Windows Live Shopping team has released some fun new gadgets to help with your gift buying (even if you’re buying for yourself). Click “Add Stuff”, select “Gadgets” and then “Shopping” to discover the Gift Buying Guide, Shopping Price Watcher, Window Shopping, Shopping Search Gadget, and more! Have fun with these new gadgets, and keep watching Windows Live Gallery for new user-created gadgets to add to your page!