Live Documents allows MS Office users to syncronize / share their documents created using Microsoft Word and Excel, across multiple users over the Internet using email. Through a simple, unobtrusive plug-in, Live Documents bridge the productivity gap between desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and the Web.
A Live Document is similar to your normal Word document or Excel spreadsheet in all apparent ways – but under the hood, it is a lot smarter.
Unlike your normal documents, a Live Document is:
- Self-updating – Automatically updates content whenever any change is made on any document copy.
- Secure – Set restrictions on who can read your documents and what they do with them.
- Intelligent – Allows you to assign, track and manage document lifecycle tasks and versions.
- Context-aware – Contextual linking with associated discussions and tasks pertaining to the document.
- Dynamic – Change access on your documents even after you have sent them out.
- Audit-ready – Allows you to track activity, so you know who read, printed, or modified the document.
Live Documents, Web-enabling Microsoft Office