For B2B marketing LinkedIn is putting importance on stories with its latest Sponsored Content offering through a new type of advertising unit called “Carousel Ads” that contain multiple pieces of sponsored content.
Carousel Ads for Sponsored Content offers a new way to advertisers to tell their brand story and interact with their target audience on LinkedIn. This offering allows you to add texture to your stories by featuring multiple visuals that people can horizontally swipe through while on the LinkedIn feed.
In a single carousel ad, businesses can place up to 10 customizable and swipeable cards.
According to LinkedIn, over 300 advertisers have used carousel ads since launching the beta. And 75 percent of advertisers who beta tested said they would again use carousel ads in their next Sponsored Content campaign. Because of increased engagement and click-through rates.
Marketers will be able to measure clicks and impressions by individual card. This is in addition to being able to measure standard metrics, such as click-through rates and number of leads for an ad unit.
Here is an image of Carousel ads for Sponsored Content:
“Carousel ads make every stage of the buyer’s journey count by adapting to your marketing objectives and allowing you to raise brand awareness and consideration, send traffic to multiple landing pages, or seamlessly generate quality leads with Lead Gen Forms,” stated LinkedIn.
Here are some usage ideas of carousel ads:
- Telling a brand story through a series of customizable and swipeable cards
- Showcase multiple offerings at once
- Feature a single offering in depth
- Share multiple industry insights from a single piece of content
Carousel ads are said to stand out more than other types of content in the LinkedIn news feed due to their interactive and eye-catching nature.
At the moment, LinkedIn is only offering downloadable reports, but advertisers can expect to see reporting directly in the Campaign Manager tool in the coming months. To learn more about best practices head to the ad tips page.
Carousel for Sponsored Content is now available to all businesses.
In other news, LinkedIn Kudos, a new fun and easy way to share appreciation for people in the professional community is launched.
To get started with Kudos:
- Open LinkedIn app on iOS or Android or desktop, and then tap on the ribbon icon in the share box at the top of the feed.
- Next, select a connection or multiple people to send kudos to teams big or small.
- Now, choose from the 10 kudos categories, like “Team Player,” “Amazing Mentor,” or “Inspirational Leader.”
- Finally, post to share the kudos to your LinkedIn Feed and the person you “recognized will receive a notification letting them know that you gave them a shout-out, in addition to seeing it in their feed.”