Kno quietly released its first digital textbook app for the iPad — dubbed as Textbooks, it delivers the best reading experience for textbooks and PDFs to the iPad with the world’s largest selection of over 70,000 titles at 30-50% off the list price.
The app allows you to organize your digital textbooks and PDFs by dragging and dropping them into “courses.” Once you open a textbook, you can swipe through the pages or navigate via a filmstrip of thumbnails up top. There’s also full text search. Pages can be bookmarked and highlighted. You can also add digital sticky notes which pop out from the margins.
The highlight feature is a “nice touch.” You can also launch a Web or Wikipedia search based on a highlighted word. There is also a “WTF” feature, which stands for “Words to Friends”, and it allows you to send out little study messages to friends on Facebook or Twitter, but doesn’t link back to the text or even make it easy to cut and paste a quote.
- Reader – the best textbook and PDF reader
- Course Manager – Organize your textbooks & PDFs by class and term
- One-touch highlighting with multi-color support
- Paging- the same page and chapter numbers clearly marked as a physical textbook
- High-fidelity pages with crystal clear text and pinch zoom capabilities
- nnotate using sticky notes
- Portrait and landscape reading modes
- Ask questions, post comments, or share your location with study buddies
- Preview the entire chapter and jump directly to any page
You can download the free app from iTunes App Store.