Internet Explorer 7 will only allow you to download two files at one time. This limitation can prove to be quite an inconvenience for anyone who downloads quite a lot on the Internet. A simply registry tweak can be done to remove this limitation.
- Click on the Start Pearl and type regedit in the Search Bar.
- Once you are in the registry editor, navigate to the following key:
- Right click in the empty space, and create a new DWord (32-bit) value. Name it:
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server (The 0 beside Server is a zero)
- Double click this entry and modify the value to 3.
- Create another DWord:
- Once again, double click this entry and modify the value to 3.
If you have Internet Explorer open, just restart it and you should be able to have an unlimited number of simultaneous downloads running.
Microsoft, Internet Explorer 7, IE7, Increase, Simultaneous, Downloads, Tips, Tweaks, Tricks