Tab browsing is not a new — for the users of Opera, Firefox & Mozilla, and many more…But users of Iintert Explorer 5 & 6 could not use it untill, as Tab’s has not been inculded in these browsers.
Microsoft has included this feature (Tab browsing) in its new version of Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer 7 is currently in Beta. If you are an early adopter / developer and like testing beta software, you can download Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 and test it out.
For Internet Explorer 5 & 6 users —who wants to use Tab browsing — there are addons available — like, Yahoo! toolbar, Windows Live Toolbar, and many more. I am focusing here on Windows Live Toolbar — It is a multifunctional toolbar — other than “tabbed browsing” — it also included with popup blocker, feed detector, form filler, and search. You can easily configure and enhance it.
What it lets you do
- Search from any Web page
- See a warning when a site may be trying to scam your personal info
- Cut down on unwanted pop-ups
- Collect, organize and share the info you find online
- Auto-detect a site’s RSS feeds, and have them automatically sent to your personalized Live.com home page
- Effortlessly customize your toolbar with only the buttons you want
- Access your favorites from any PC
- Quickly switch between Web pages in the same window
- Fill in Web forms instantly
Once you download it, it will ask for what all extra you need. Get the feed detector, pop up blocker (if you are not happy with the Windows pop up blocker), tabbed browsing, form filler and whatever else you need like the phishing filter. Then it will download them all. I selected the basic few features to get all in around 1MB and a few seconds.
Windows live search is selected by default. If you need Google Search as default in Windows Live Toolbar each time you search, then go to Toolbar Options>Web Search>Other Select Engines and enter.
Now it will search Google by default when you use the Windows Live Toolbar to search. Now you can uninstall you Google Toolbar if Google Search was your primary need for keeping it.
Tabbed Browsing, Windows Live Toolbar