Google Checkout Support button helps you get the financial support you deserve with the content you post online. “The Support button gives content creators an easy way to gather financial support for their efforts or their service,” Google stated.
“Bloggers, musicians, authors, developers and more who give away what they create for free may implement the Support button on their websites and enable their users to support their endeavors.”
If you’re using Blogger.com, you can implement the Support button with following 5 simple steps:
- Sign up for a Google Checkout Merchant account at checkout.google.com/sell.
- Be sure to enable the HTML API by going to the Settings tab, clicking the integration link and unchecking the “My company will only post digitally signed carts” checkbox. Also, copy the Merchant ID for use in step 5.
- Back in Blogger, on the Design | Page Elements tab click “add a gadget” where you wish to place the Support gadget.
- Add the “Support My Blog” gadget from the gadget gallery.
- Customize your support button settings. The Checkout Merchant ID is the one you copied down in step two. Save and you’re done!
For other blogging platform and web sites, you can generate a Support button, by visiting the Checkout Developer Guide.