IIS Transform Manager 1.0 RTW, an extensible media transform engine that enables “watch folder” job submission, queuing, management, integrated media transcoding/container format repackaging, and batch-encryption of on-demand audio and video files is now available throgu Microsoft Download Center.
“One example of a media transform is transcoding Windows Media-formatted and MP4-formatted files, or other encoder-supported file formats, to on-demand Smooth Streams for delivery to Smooth Streaming-compatible clients (such as Microsoft Silverlight),” Micro explains.
Another example is “repackaging Smooth Streaming fragments encoded with H.264 (AVC) video and AAC-LC audio codecs to MPEG-2 Transport Stream (MPEG-2 TS) segments for delivery to Apple mobile digital devices. Transform Manager can be integrated with the IIS Smooth Streaming feature in IIS Media Services, which delivers the converted content.”
Also, Microsoft made available a new flavor of the Active Directory Rights Management Service SDK, that provides developers with the possibility to deploy applications that leverage the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) information protection.
The SDK was designed with support for complex security practices, including key management, encryption and decryption processing, as well as with simplified API to ensure that application development is easy.
Developers interested in taking advantage of AD RMS with their new or existing applications can use AD RMS SDK 2.0 to benefit from features such as:
- Author manageable, compliant and robust RMS-aware applications
- Encrypt user data persistently. The data remains encrypted regardless of the environment, device, or operating system
- Enforce a rich set of usage restrictions, such as preventing screen captures of your sensitive data
- Support enterprise-managed protection policies
- Support new authentication mechanisms and encryption algorithms as they become available.
Microsoft also released the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) Client 2.0, designed to help “protect access to and usage of information flowing through applications that use AD RMS whether installed on your premises or in a Microsoft datacenter.”
The AD RMS Client comes as a separate download and can be freely distributed with third-party software to enable client access to content that has been rights-protected through the use of AD RMS servers. The client offers support for the sale platforms as the SDK.
And, at the Open Source Business Conference this week, during a keynote from Microsoft Open Solutions Group, Sandy Gupta, Microsoft, introduced the SUSE announcement of the delivery of a beta version of the SUSE Manager Management Pack for System Center.
“This management pack connects the Linux server management capabilities provided by SUSE Manager to Microsoft’s System Center management platform. This will add to the ability of administrators to manage both Windows and Linux environments from a single management console,” Microsoft stated.
Through tight integration between SUSE Manager and System Center, the system administrator is able, through a single console, to:
- Quickly check the update status of all Linux servers to ensure their health and security.
- View a list of all Linux servers entitled for a selected list of critical and optional updates and patches.
- Get alerts for all outdated or critical updates available for Linux servers (proactively protect systems).
- Schedule maintenance window to run updates on a specific Linux server or a group of Linux servers.
- Patch Red Hat RHEL servers, when combined with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with Expanded Support.
- Reduce cost – Leverage your investment in existing infrastructure including software, hardware and expertise.
- Save time – Windows and Linux patch management can be done from the same console rather than splitting time between the two silos.
- Minimize risk – Improved efficiency in the patching and updating process translates to lower risk of failure via a missed or incorrectly applied patch.
- IIS Transform Manager 1.0 (RTW) 32-bit \ 64-bit
- Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS) SDK 2.0
- Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) Client 2.0
- SUSE Manager Management Pack for Microsoft System Center 2012