David Cohen sends in this in regards to iGoogle.com, Google’s personalized homepage —”Not sure if this has been mentioned before… I just stumbled onto it… Click on the drop down box for a tab, then ’edit tab’… and now, not only can you change the name of it, you can change the column layout.”
- single column (this is pretty ugly)
- a. two equal-sized columns
- b, c. two columns: a narrow one and a wide one (there are two flavors for this layout)
- a. three equal-sized columns (this is default one)
- b. two narrow columns and a wide column in the middle
- four equal-sized columns
I think the most interesting layouts are the ones that combine different types of columns, so you can have more space for the gadgets. The last layout is great for wide-screen computer monitors.
To edit the layout of a tab, click on the small arrow next to its name and choose “Edit this tab”. You have the option to rename it and choose a new template. For now, there’s no option to change the layout for all the tabs at once.
Google, iGoogle, iGoogle Tab, Google Personalized Homepage, Tips and Tricks