Hub, a latest Yahoo! Messenger apps for Android, allows you to send text messages and have group conversations for free. “Hub allows you to easily add participants to any conversation thread so it’s easy to switch from private messaging to a group conversation. Whether it is just keeping up with a close group of friends or making spontaneous plans, you no longer have to deal with scattered messages,” revealed Yahoo.
“Hub allows you to send messages to anyone without incurring any text messaging fees. There are no text messaging fees – messages are sent over WIFI or using your data connection – and Hub is device agnostic, which means you can communicate with anyone on any mobile device as long as you have their mobile phone numbers. Your friends are not required to download the app in order to reply to your messages although they are strongly encouraged to do so in order to enjoy the full feature set!,” Yahoo said.
Key features of Hub include:
- Group messaging: Enjoy group conversations with several friends at once
- Local and international SMS messages: Send text messages to other Hub users or any mobile phone for free in Canada, Indonesia, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand, United States and Vietnam. SMS recipients may be charged by their carriers.
- Privacy: Easily view and add participants to any conversation thread
- Message any phone: Your friends can reply with any SMS enabled mobile phone
- Instant notifications: Get push notifications for incoming messages so you never have to miss a conversation
Hub is currently in beta and is available for download on the Android Marketplace.