Microsoft SharePoint team is in the process of deploying some new features to the SharePoint Online service.
“Most notable from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM perspective, is that Dynamics CRM customers can now take advantage of the rich SharePoint Online document management functionality directly within the Dynamics CRM application. This provides users the ability to create SharePoint Online Document Libraries dynamically within CRM – when and where they are needed,” reveals Microsoft Dynamic CRM team.
“Companies can add Document Management capabilities to entities such as Accounts, Opportunities, Cases or even custom entities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.”
The rollout of these new SharePoint Online features across the data centers is expected to be completed by end of November.
Here is how to take advantange of the functionality?
- “Your Microsoft Dynamics CRM System Administrator must install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 List Component
- Once enabled, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM user can open an Account
- Click on Documents – If the Account does not have a corresponding Document Library in SharePoint Online one is automatically created
- The SharePoint Online Document Library for this Account is rendered directly with CRM
- Users can simply upload content to SharePoint Online while working within Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Similar to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint Online leverages Lync presence to drive individual productivity.
- The corresponding view of the Document Library within SharePoint Online,” explains Dynamics CRM team.
For additional technical guidance on how to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 List Component.