For your next party, how cool would it be to customize a gift box for every guest? Office user, you’ve a time-cheating secret weapon for rapid-fire customization: Mail merge. Check out this excerpt from the Office Show Holiday episode, and learn more about how it’s done after the break.
To recreate Jessica’s gift box in the clip, you need to:
- Download this Publisher template. Replace the photos with your own image.
- Create a data file of your guest names (options: Excel, type a list in Publisher or export it from Outlook).
- Draw a text box on the top flap
- Go to the Mailings Tab, click Select Recipients and choose your data file.
- Click your text box, select Insert Merge Field, and click First Name.
- Click Preview Results to check your work, and Merge to Printer to print your boxes.
- Use card stock for the best results.