To encode in MP3 surround, you first require Dr. DivX 2.0.1 Beta 3.
- You will need an AC3, AAC or DTS decoder. Check the FAQ for details.
- You will need input file(s) that have multi-channel audio. I’m sure you have some lying around.
- If you are new to Dr. DivX, the extensive User Guide
- To enable MP3 surround audio, make sure you enable a multi-channel audio track in the ‘Basic’ audio tab then go in the ‘Advanced’ tab and select ‘MP3 surround’ from the ‘Format’ drop down menu.
- Proceed to the queue and encode the file.
is highly recommended.
Note: MP3 surround encoded files are backward compatible with all existing non MP3 surround decoder, in that case a stereo downmix of the 5.1 channels will be decoded, preserving and incorporating all the other channels information into the stereo downmix, for a fuller and richer experience.
DivX, Dr. DivX, MP3, Sorround, How To