The holiday shopping season is a major focus for Microsoft, as evidenced by Windows 7 and Bing campaigns as well as the introductions of Kinect for Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7. The developer community is placing some big bets with Windows Phone this holiday, here’re a few things Microsoft’s doing to further promote their apps and games:
- Find Windows Phone 7 Apps & Games on Bing Visual Search capabilities in the US and UK. This allows anyone with a browser to easily find, view and access the growing list of apps and games available for Windows Phones.
- Promoting Windows Phone 7 Apps & Games on Xbox 360: WP devices, apps and games are now prominent features of the Xbox dashboard that people see on their televisions when they start Xbox and view tabs such as the Spotlight category.
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Games on Windowsphone.com now features an “apps” tab that takes viewers to a Marketplace page that delivers a dynamic list of “featured” and “top free” apps and games. Furthermore, these lists are localized for several markets including: Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, U.K., and the U.S.
- Campaigns featuring Windows Phone 7 Apps & Games in several major markets around the world. Apps, games and Marketplace are prominent features of our integrated communication activity.
- Windows Phone Marketplace on Zune PC software is now on more screens and in more markets than ever. With every update and download of Zune PC software, customers are seeing the latest music, videos and apps for WP in a single well organized desktop experience.
- In addition, developers can now add “deep links” to their Web sites and other marketing material, taking customers directly to the specific app or game purchase page, on either their phone or the Zune PC software, in a single click.
Developers can take advantage of deep linking by installing the Download Now Kit.