The Google AdWords team has given tips for you to quickly improve the performance of your AdWords ads. Just try the tips below and see how Ad Innovations can improve your performance.
- Ad Sitelinks allow you to extend value of existing AdWords ads by providing additional links to specific, relevant content deeper within your site. Rather than sending all users to same landing page, Ad Sitelinks will display up to four additional destination URLs for users to choose from. On average, advertisers see a 30% increase in clickthrough rate (CTR) for the same ads with Ad Sitelinks.
- Ad text with longer headlines receive a 6% average increase in CTR compared to the same ads with a standard headline and description. To increase the chances that your ad will appear with the longer headline, make sure that description line 1 is a complete phrase or sentence and ends in punctuation (e.g., a period or question mark).
- Link a Google Places account to a campaign to show location extensions that allow you to extend AdWords campaigns by dynamically attaching business address to your ads. In addition to description lines and URL that appear in ad text, your ad can also display business name, address, and phone number and helps promote your business brand, products, and services and associates your business with a specific location of interest to the user.
By linking a Places account to AdWords ads, you can quickly and easily make sure all your location info is available when it’s most relevant.
- Seller Rating Extensions make it easier for potential customers to identify highly-rated merchants when they’re searching on Google.com by attaching your merchant star rating from Google Product Search to your AdWords ads. These star ratings, aggregated from review sites all around the web, allow people to find merchants that’re highly recommended by online shoppers like them. On average, ads with Seller Ratings get a 17% higher CTR than the same ads without ratings.
If your online store is rated in Google Product Search, you’ve four or more stars, and you’ve at least thirty reviews, you’ll automatically get seller ratings with your ads. If you’ve high customer satisfaction, then make sure we know about it:
- Regularly ask users for reviews (e.g., in confirmation emails after purchases)
- Make it easy for users to review you–include links to your site’s page on the third-party review sites used by Seller Rating Extensions.
- Product extensions are a way for you to enrich your existing AdWords ads with more relevant and specific info about your retail merchandise. Product extensions allow you to use your existing Google Merchant Center account to highlight your products directly in your search ads.
With product extensions, you’re charged the same cost-per-click (CPC) whether a user clicks on your main text ad or any of the offers within the product extensions plusbox.
[Source: AdWords blog]