Looking to add the HDR functionality to your older iPhone? Well, if you’ve jailbroken your iPhone 3GS or 3G and have iOS 4.1, it’s just a few steps away:
- Make sure you’ve installed OpenSSH through Cydia. SSH into your device (also use “passwd” command to change your password from default “alpine”)
- If you’ve iPhone 3G, grab the file located at /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist
- If you’ve an iPhone 3GS, grab the file located at /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N88AP.plist
- Add a key named “hdr-image-capture” with a boolean value of “true” to “capabilities” section of this property list
- Save it, and use SSH to replace the copy on the device with your modified version
- Restart SpringBoard, or just reboot your device. You should now have access to the HDR setting in the camera application.