Google Retail team has posted four simple to Prepare Your Account for the Holidays:
- Aggressive Bidding: Many retailers raise their bids around November/December in attempt to capture the increased holiday traffic.
Action: Monitor your average position changes and increase bids as needed.
- Monitoring Budgets: Watch your budgets carefully this month in order to allow your ads to compete for optimal traffic throughout the day.
Action: Monitor CPC levels and budget utilization to best allocate dollars.
- Keyword Review: Review your top converting keywords and determine the following:
- Landing Page – Is it correct?
- Bid Level – Is my ad above the fold? On the first page?
- Expansion Opportunities – Can I expand this keyword for the holidays?
Action: Investigate the Keywords Tab in AdWords to answer the questions above and make changes.
- Analyze Traffic Sources:: By selecting the “click type” option from the “Segment” button above the graph in AdWords, you can view the traffic generated from mobile devices.
Action: Consider building mobile-only campaigns to target this audience effectively.