On December 12, at the Digiday Agency event, Google’s Dan Taylor reflect on the 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Display Advertisers reflected on 2011 and about resolutions for the new year.
Taylor, highlights ways in which display advertisers can take advantage of current trends in video, mobile and social media. Plus, he offer five resolutions to partner with Google on in 2012, revealed Google.
“Display advertising is a top marketing tactic of US ad agencies and the go-to-source for reach and frequency in online advertising. But reach and frequency alone are not enough.”
See the video below:
“Resolution # 2: I will use video to its full potential
Video is a great way to reach customers, yet it is often underutilized. Here are the best ways to use video to its fullest potential.
- With the latest changes to the YouTune homepage, we’ve pivoted the YouTube site experience to focus on channels and a socially-driven feed, the contents of which are controlled by the left hand sidebar. This gives marketers a powerful opportunity to enhance their brand exposure.
- Through the new AdWords for video front end, we’ve drastically reduced the time it takes to create a video. Easily run click-to-play or TrueView in-display formats across Google Display Network.
- We’ve also found that rich media, in tandem with video, is more effective than simple Flash. When you’re running rich media campaigns, think about including video to increase purchase intent.
Resolution # 3: I will fuse social media with display
Making display ads social increases the conversation with your customers. Here are some ways that this can be accomplished:
- Make social media a primary destination: Try linking Trueview ads back to a similarly branded channel for a great social experience.
- Social interactions within the banner: Actually having users interact with the banner (by playing a game, watching videos, etc.) and then having them share their experiences through social media continues the conversation.
- Bring social media endorsements in the banner: This is becoming more popular, and is a great way for friends to share recommendations.”
Full summary here.